The 2019/2020 SEED Lab program is scheduled to kick off in September 2019 and conclude in May 2020.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
Star the application process by answering a few initial questions about your work that will help us better understand your interests and how we can support you. This is not the final application, but a way to start our conversation. Once you submit this form, we will reach out to you and schedule a call. We look forward to learning more about your work!
Before you start, this is what you should know about SEED Lab:
Who should apply ?
- Early stage social entrepreneurs from marginalized and underserved communities.
- From Southern California and whose work focuses on issues that are specific to this region.
- Ideas and projects related to healthcare, job training, work force development, the environment, microfinance, LGBTQ issues, the arts, social justice, and other areas that have captured the applicants’ concern and motivated their creativity and talent.
- The SEED Lab application is a lengthy and complex process that involves continuous engagement with the Caravanserai Project team.
- We start with an initial conversation (over phone or in person) to learn more about the entrepreneur’s work, interest and commitment but also to share more details about the program and our expectations.
- In order to express your interest in SEED Lab, please submit this short form. It will help us prepare for the next discussions.
- Once we agree to move forward, the candidates are invited to fill in the application form and over a period of 2 months we will engage (over phone or in person) with them to support them identify the best possible answers to these questions in order to reflect their vision, mission and work.
- There are no wrong answers! Our goals is to make sure that we fully assess the candidates’ work, potential and commitment in order to provide a highly customized program that meets their needs.
- This process is a mentorship and training process in itself!
- April – July 2019 application and selection process
- Early August – announcement of the cohort
- SEED Lab: September 2019 – May 2020
Due to the generosity of various supporters, SEED Lab is fully covering the participation costs for 10 early stage social entrepreneurs. We can accommodate up to 5 more participants at a reduced rate. Please reach out to us for more information.