The 2019/2020 SEED Lab program is scheduled to kick off in September 2019 and conclude in May 2020.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
Start the application process by answering a few initial questions about your work that will help us better understand your interests and how we can support you. This is not the final application, but a way to start our conversation. Once you submit this form, we will reach out to you and schedule a call. We look forward to learning more about your work!
Before you start, this is what you should know about SEED Lab:
Who should apply ?
- Early stage social entrepreneurs from marginalized and underserved communities.
- Must be the operating head(s) of the project/venture/organization.
- From Southern California and whose work focuses on issues that are specific to this region.
- Change makers focusing on healthcare, job training, work force development, the environment, microfinance, LGBTQ issues, the arts, social justice, and other areas that have captured the applicants’ concern and motivated their creativity and talent.
- The SEED Lab application is a lengthy and complex process that involves continuous engagement with the Caravanserai Project team.
- We start with an initial conversation (over phone or in person) to learn more about the entrepreneur’s work, interest and commitment but also to share more details about the program and our expectations.
- In order to express your interest in SEED Lab, please submit this short form. It will help us prepare for the next discussions.
- Once we agree to move forward, the candidates are invited to fill in the application form and over a period of 2 months we will engage (over phone or in person) with them to support them identify the best possible answers to these questions in order to reflect their vision, mission and work.
- There are no wrong answers! Our goals is to make sure that we fully assess the candidates’ work, potential and commitment in order to provide a highly customized program that meets their needs.
- This process is a mentorship and training process in itself!
- SEED Lab fully covers the participation costs for 10 fellows. We can accommodate up to 5 more participants at a reduced rate of $2 000. Please reach out to us for more information.
- If accepted, meals and materials for the SEED Lab sessions are covered. Fellows are responsible for travel costs to and from each session, or their accommodation in Riverside.
Curriculum & Outcomes
SEED Lab focuses on the following main areas:
- The social entrepreneurs’ and their ventures’ vision, mission and goals.
- Strategic and financial planning & operations.
- Sustainability and fundraising plan.
- Market, competition and stakeholders.
- Marketing, messaging & communication.
- Business pitch and public speaking skills.
- Measuring and monitoring impact.
- Leadership skills.
Fellows will be equipped with the necessary tools to:
- Improve their strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Set and pursue efficiently bold professional and personal goals.
- Identify and solve their venture’s challenges.
- Better understand the beneficiaries, the market, the competition and other stakeholders.
- Expand local and national professional networks.
- April – July 2019 application and selection process
- Deadline for submitting the final version of the applications July 25, 12 pm EST.
- Early August – announcement of the cohort
- SEED Lab: September 2019 – May 2020