Date: October 29th, 2021
Time: 9:00 – 10:30 AM PST
You have been awarded a grant! Congratulations! Besides the impact a particular award could have on your programs and initiatives, how about using this opportunity to advance your organization? Some grantors are very strict when it comes to how the grants are used. Others have more flexibility. But, in both cases the recipient should not limit its focus on the program the grant is supposed to support. There are always ways of using a grant or a donation to turbo charge the organization while still staying true to your commitments.
This webinar provides a practical road map on how to better meet the grantors’ expectations and maximize the opportunities provided by a grant to generate long term benefits to the organization. The workshop focuses on three time frames: pre-grant period, grant period and post grant-period.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Setting up the right internal protocols and processes to efficiently manage grants;
- Understanding a grant agreement, compliance and governance issues;
- Financial reporting: documenting expenses, accounting, budgeting;
- Implementation: pre-grant and during the grant period;
- Monitoring and evaluation: from grantor’s expectations to building the organization’s database
- Communications strategies: between praising the grantor and self-promoting
- Revenue generating strategies: grants as revenue generators
- Building organizational wealth: using a grant to grow the organization
This webinar is conducted by the Caravanserai Project team.
This program was made possible in part by the generous support provided by the Wells Fargo Open for Business Fund. Caravanserai Project is the recipient of a Wells Fargo Open for Business Fund award aiming to provide programs and services that support small business viability through growth, expansion, innovation, and increased productivity. Read more about this award.